Monday, April 16, 2012

Journal Entry

Ya know, I think I learn the most when I put pen to paper.

I had my light bulb moment this morning.

When prayer seems unanswered, and there's nowhere else to turn,
Start asking questions.

Here's a copy of what I wrote in my journal a few moments ago:

"Struggling, with a capital S.
I want God's best for me.
I also want to lose weight.
At most times these two seem like contradictions.
God wants me to love others.
Weight-loss is selfish, self-love.

But if I cannot, or am not happy with myself,
I am useless to others...
A miserable, self-centered, regretful, doubtful, negative pile of pity.

Today I will do something about it.
I will get myself in order.
In control of myself.
So that I CAN give God's best to people around me.
Because, honestly, as I am now, that is a bit hypocritical of me.

How could someone a mess, unhappy with their own state,
help others be better? Not possible.
LIGHTBULB :)   ("Despicable Me" quote)
JUST FAITHFULLY DO IT!

2 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

<3 it! YOUR gonna love the next blog i post ~ pinky promise!

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Waiting! :)